Starting Salary: $93,148
Vice President of Administration
The following is a summary of the general nature and level of work performed by the staff member in this position. This description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned at the Washington State Convention Center Public Facilities District (WSCC).
This position will be open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
The Director of Communications will provide leadership and direction to plan, develop and implement a full range of cross-channel communications activities for the Center, both internal and external. Oversee the creation of branded collateral, web-based content and design, and social platforms. Work closely with leadership, board, contractors to plan, develop and implement the Center’s cross-channel communications, public relations, outreach, sales and marketing activities. Ensure that unified, consistent and positive messages define and promote the corporate identity and mission.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Direct subordinates in the planning and accomplishment of daily activities and projects. Supervise workflow for the efficient coordination of plans, programs, resources to develop and oversee cross-channel strategies.
· Interface with stakeholders for joint activities with a variety of communication assets across multi-channels.
· Manage web content and design to ensure website is functional, secure, accurate, and current.
· Establish social media annual plans, goals and strategies for campaigns and corporate highlights.
· Manage photo records, photoshoots, videos, budget, contracts, assign use permissions, and archive.
· Support community outreach, stay informed on local issues that may impact business operations and work with leadership to implement public information programs across all channels.
· Maintain current messaging platforms with content, and background source data. Initiate topics about staff, systems, sustainability, culinary, outreach, awards, honors, innovations and other hero stories to share with regional, local media, Visit Seattle and other to promote positive messages demonstrating commitment to public, civic and social responsibility.
· Manage a diversely skilled staff overseeing internal and external communications needs including, but not limited to, writing/editing, proofing for print and online content, correspondence and production of deliverables. Ensure high levels of brand consistency and efficiency across all platforms, internal and external.
· Provide input and direction in the development and monitoring of annual budgets, project budgets, taskforce projects, authorize expenditures, and track project costs to control expenses.
· Represent WSCC professionally at company, industry, community and client events; maintain a professional image and exemplary conduct at all times with a variety of people and organizations.
· Develop annual Communication Plan with ideas and innovative opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations and other community and public relations activities that promote awareness of the WSCC.
· As directed, act as the WSCC’s liaison with board, clients and local agencies to coordinate Communications and respond to issues or projects related to facilities communications.
The work schedule for this position typically fluctuates based upon the needs of a particular event or project, which would require the ability to work a flexible schedule including late nights, early mornings, long days, weekends and holidays.
Directly supervises the Communications/PR Specialist and Web Specialist and coordinate contractor work.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Communications, Marketing Business or related; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Five (5) years of experience in communications, marketing, business or public relations. Minimum of three (3) years of full management responsibilities of a staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient in Microsoft Office® (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other related sales and space management databases. Experience with Ungerboeck event software is preferred.
· Ability to offer sound media relations to senior executives
· Recognizes when external perspective, expertise, services or leverage are appropriate and develops strong working relationships with outside contractors
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills with exacting attention to detail
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and understand business practices, elicit and define requirements, and identify appropriate solutions and options
· Strong situational awareness with composure in ambiguous situations
· Consistent positive attitude and professional demeanor and conduct.
· Skill in public speaking and presenting information and ideas to individuals and groups.
· Must be able to work with and maintain highly confidential information.
· Ability to anticipate roadblocks and implement immediate corrective action.
· Strong financial skills in evaluating business/accounts.
· This position will be open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
· Resumes may be included, but not substituted for the Application for Employment or Structured Questionnaire.
· The applicant is responsible for submitting the completed Application for Employment and Structured Questionnaire. Providing incomplete documentation may delay action or disqualify the application.
· The final hiring process involves employment reference checks and a criminal background check.
· If accommodations are required to complete the application and/or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (206) 694-5038.
· Washington State Convention Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.