Supervisor: Set-Up Supervisor
Labor Council Rep: S.E.I.U, Local #6
The following is a summary of the general nature and level of work performed by the staff member in this position. This description is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
Every employee at the Washington State Convention Center Public Facilities District (WSCC) works closely with our visitors and guests. We hire employees who enjoy greeting, listening and responding to these guests. Each employee is responsible for making a good first impression and embracing WSCC service standards. Consistently delivering quality service is our number one priority.
The Set-Up Attendant is responsible for performing the required activities related to completing event room/area sets, conversions and maintenance. Set-Up Attendants will assist with meeting the event requirements and ensuring the proper presentation of the facility. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Set-up/tear down tables, chairs, risers and related equipment in meeting rooms and exhibit spaces
- Push/pull loaded carts of tables and chairs, material boxes and freight
- Operate large airwalls and push/pull them into set-up configurations
- Perform general event maintenance on the interior and exterior of the facility to include, but not be limited to: cleaning rest rooms, trash removal and vacuuming
- Use basic maintenance equipment to include, but not be limited to: mops, assorted brooms, dust pans, mop buckets, rolling trash containers (up to two cubic yards in size), janitor carts, spray bottles, aerosol cans and personal protective equipment such as gloves, dust masks, safety goggles and utility tongs
- Operate motorized equipment to includes, but not be limited to: vacuum cleaners, pallet jacks, forklifts, carpet cleaning equipment and driving/riding sweepers
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from guests (referring them to the appropriate supervisor when necessary)
- Effectively use a two-way radio for communications with various departments within the WSCC
- Provide assistance to other WSCC departments as assigned
- Set-Up Attendant may be expected to lead set-up crews
*Individuals hired into this position must serve a probationary period of six months. During the first 10 work shifts, the hourly wage will be 85 percent ($16.69) of the hourly wage listed above. This position is represented by S.E.I.U. Local #6. The S.E.I.U. Local #6 office is located at 3720 Airport Way South in Seattle, and can be reached by telephone at (206) 448-7348.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Additional experience in custodial and/or event set-up activities may be substituted for a high school diploma or GED.
A minimum of six months experience in a hospitality or event environment is preferred.
This position requires the ability to:
- React to a variety of situations in a calm, productive manner and respond to multiple questions and inquiries in a professional, pleasant manner
- Effectively work in a customer service-oriented manner
- Maintain a team-oriented, working relationship with co-workers, subcontractors and guests
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, event schedules, set-up worksheets and floor plans
- Write simple correspondence
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, guests and clients
- Carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Add and subtract three-digit numbers and to multiply and divide
- This position will be open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
- Resumes may be included, but not substituted for the Application for Employment or Structured Questionnaire.
- The applicant is responsible for submitting the completed Application for Employment and Structured Questionnaire. Providing incomplete documentation may delay action or disqualify the application.
- The final hiring process involves employment reference checks and a criminal background check.
- If accommodations are required to complete the application and/or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (206) 694-5038.
- Washington State Convention Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.